Today, MapQuest released the new MapQuest Navigator for iPhone, an easy-to-use voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation application with convenient local search capabilities. MapQuest Navigator for iPhone is available
for a 14-day trial for $0.99 from the App Store and At the end of the trial period,users can choose the subscription model that best suits their needs: one month at $3.99, three months at $9.99 or one year at $29.99. Subscriptions can be purchased from within the application and are non-recurring–on an opt-in basis only.
MapQuest Navigator for iPhone offers a feature set that is focused on providing helpful driving directions while assisting people to find things along the way, including:
- 2-D and 3-D moving maps to help people follow the route as well as spoken directions with street names
- Route optimization to avoid areas with accidents, construction or other events affecting traffic
- Full route corridor download at the beginning of the journey enables the application to quickly re-routes in case of a missed turn, regardless of network coverage
- One-tap search for businesses along a route via a palette of on-map widgets in categories such as hotels, shopping, gas stations, coffee shops, parking garages and more
- More than 16 million points of interest and maps for the U.S. and Canada
MapQuest Navigator for iPhone key features:
1. Streamlined 3D interface featuring voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation that speaks directions and street names.
2. Regular Data Updates: Search 16+ million points of interest and utilize up-to-date street maps.
3. Full route corridor download offers quick route re-calculation for missed turns as well provides continued service in areas of no cellular coverage.
4. Traffic Incident Based routing: US routes are optimized to avoid traffic incidents that might delay your travel.
5. Our new MapQuest® place carousel: Easily displays locations for hotels, movie theatres, gas stations, and more with a single tap.