The stage is finally set. With the introduction of MapQuest Navigator on iPhone earlier this month, we now have two distinctive mapping and directions products for iPhone users. Both applications, MapQuest 4 Moblie and MapQuest Navigator, provide the ability for users to get where they need to go and what to do along the way.
And while both products share this same base functionality, each were designed for their own use case and specific purpose in mind. Here is a tale of these two apps:
MapQuest 4 Mobile:
The next evolution of maps and directions on the iPhone.
Overview: A FREE simple and full-featured alternative to the on-board iPhone maps application providing users easy access to maps, directions, points of interest business listings, and the ability to view MapQuest My Places information.
- Casual and business travelers, as well as anyone looking to view maps or easily create directions (route) to and from a specific location(s).
- Users wishing to view and utilize their Maps & Directions created and saved at MapQuest.com on their iPhone. Get your My Places account here.
- Users traveling to a new destination wanting easy access to various business listings such as coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, and more.
Current Version: 1.1.2 (NEW!) Get it here.
Simple, intuitive, voice-guided navigation for everyone.
Overview: An affordable streamlined, easy to use turn-by-turn, voice-guided navigation application that presents users with an intuitive interface for receiving their route directions via spoken street and highway names.
- Casual and business travelers, as well as tourists looking to optimally navigate to a new or known destination via verbal cues and spoken directions.
- Users that are looking to easily navigate to a known or unknown location-avoiding traffic incidents or traffic congestion.
- Users traveling to a new destination wanting easy access and route guidance to various business listings such as coffee shops, hotels, restaurants, and more.
Current Version: 1.0 Get it here for only $3.99/mo, $9.99/3 months, $29.99/yr