If a picture is worth a thousand words – then the two pictures shown below are worth at least a novella or two!
We launched eight new MapQuest Open sites today, that are all based on data from OpenStreetMap (OSM). OSM is an information source encouraging real-time consumer contributions to indicate rapid change in geographic locations, points of interest and routing.
The below pictures in this blog post highlight the capitals for the following new MapQuest “open” country-specific sites:
* Australia: open.mapquest.com.au
* Denmark: open.mapquest.dk
* Ireland: open.mapquest.ie
* Mexico: open.mapquest.org.mx
* New Zealand: open.mapquest.co.nz
* Norway: open.mapquest.no
* Singapore: open.mapquest.com.sg
* Sweden: open.mapquest.se
To get involved in the OSM movement, visit the MapQuest Open Initiative pages to view upcoming events and additional information.