Millions of MapQuest fans frequently use our mobile website from their Android™ devices. To these millions, we’re thrilled to present our free Android™ app with turn-by-turn, voice-guided navigation, as well as OpenStreetMap (OSM) capabilities. Download it here.
Similar to our acclaimed iPhone offering, our new Android app hosts the same technology that has made MapQuest a trusted name in mobile navigation, featuring:
- Voice-guided/Turn-by-turn Navigation: Your phone tells you where and when to make a turn
- Voice Search: Drivers can speak a destination for directions
- Map Toolbar: Easily find restaurants, coffee shops, gas stations and parking with one click
- Walking & Driving Directions: Recommends the best route and the map rotates based on orientation of travel
- Live Traffic Flow/Incidents: Extensive coverage updated every 5 minutes
And then there’s this OSM Stuff. So what exactly is OSM? Why would I want to use it? OpenStreetMap is a collaborative, “by the people, for the people” mapping movement. It’s basically a living map that is improved every day by people just like you. Disney World, Dallas (site of Superbowl XLV) or just your own neighborhoods — now you can flip a switch on your Android device and map what’s important to you. OSM features:
- OSM Maps: User-sourced maps that may provide unique local perspective and detail
- Bug Logging for OSM: Standing in front of a new building? Report it to the community and they’ll fill in the missing pieces
- International Maps: Take MapQuest abroad on business trips (or for you ex-pats) and experience maps improved by mapping enthusiasts
The MapQuest app is free and does not require a trial period, subscription or upgrade. We want your feedback to help us continually improve the experience. Contact us at email@example.com. Hope you enjoy!
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.