Do you know it would take 17,000 trees to make the paper for one month’s worth of printed MapQuest driving directions?* That’s a lot of paper and ink!
Next time you are planning a trip – travel green. Instead of printing the directions, just send it to your phone. On the printer-friendly page, you’ll see the new Send to Mobile option. Just enter your mobile number, then click ‘Send to Mobile’ and a text message with your maps and directions will be sent to your phone. The link in the text message takes you to MapQuest.com on your mobile. A mobile map gives you quick access to helpful features like:
- Pan, drag, and zoom the map to see more than what the printout would have given you
- See traffic flows & incidents
- Access location details & phone numbers
- View aerial maps
- Search nearby – a parking lot or nearest gas station?
- In the event you get lost: find yourself on the map (iPhone & Android devices)