Voice Guided, Turn-by-Turn Directions Just Got A Facelift
We’re excited to announce the launch of our beautifully redesigned mobile navigation app (iPhone/Android). Our product and engineering teams went back to the drawing board and have completely re-imagined our flagship mobile app from the ground up. Launching today, our new MapQuest mobile app offers a personalized navigation experience that’s both easy-to-use and safe for everyday drivers. We’re so proud to present an app that better connects drivers to routes that shape their everyday lives. But this app is just more than a handy navigation app with cool features – it also represents a new era for MapQuest. We’re bigger, better, savvier and more responsive than ever.
The new MapQuest navigation app is available for iOS7 and Android and offers several new features, including:
- High-resolution vector maps- Our beautifully designed maps offer improved quality and resolution, enhanced zoom features and beautiful new cartography.
- New interactive map layers and customizable category buttons – These features make finding nearby business and popular locations quick and easy.
- An industry first ETA status bar – This status bar informs users of time and distance to their destination, as well as anticipated in-route traffic.
- Advanced navigation features - These include voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation and real-time traffic re-routing.
- One-click point of interest and location sharing - Send your location or destination out via social media, SMS or email.