Want to know if your flight is delayed? Need to find a quick grooming appointment for the family dog? Late night at an offsite and need to order-in dinner from someplace close? On the eve of its 18th anniversary, MapQuest today launched the initial phase of its desktop property reinvention — a completely reimagined experience for local discovery and a nod to nearly two decades of enhancing local experiences for millions of travelers. The new MapQuest Local is available on desktop and tablet website, delivering relevant details, handy functionality and valuable reviews from several trusted partners to create a single source for in-depth, local information.
Do More: What The Newly Improved MapQuest Offers Users
- Order online or book a restaurant reservation
- Book a wide-range of service appointments … even for a pet
- Search and secure an event ticket
- Book travel via MapQuest’s booking widget
- Find airport delay information, concourse maps, and terminal information
- Take advantage of great local deals
- Find user reviews, ratings and tips
MapQuest partnered with top data providers and included publicly available government data sources to create the most relevant information set, including:
- Foursquare: Providing venue tips*
- GrubHub: Access to online and mobile ordering from more than 28,000 takeout restaurants
- SinglePlatform: Menu information for nearly 500,000 businesses
- Booker: Scheduling functionality for more than 40 business types including spas and salons
- SeatGeek: Ticketing for more than 180,000 events at 50,000 venues
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration): Airport status information such as ground stops and average airport delays made publicly available by the FAA (Airports are the No. 1 queried search on MapQuest.com)
MapQuest leads the industry with patented algorithms that determine what information is pertinent and how it is served. These information sources complement MapQuest’s existing partners, including Priceline Partner Network and OpenTable.
We believe we’ve created a truly intuitive one-stop shop for all relevant information a consumer may need – the right information, at the right time, in the right place. This is a game-changer for current and new MapQuest users who are looking for that one resource to save them time and better empower their decisions.
*Foursquare tips to be integrated in mid-2014.
**MLB.com integration currently available; expanded content scheduled to debut in mid-2014.