MapQuest and MLB.com have launched an original online video series, “Key to the City,” hosted by Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre comedian, Matt Fisher, that accompanies MapQuest’s completely customized ballpark content featuring “Gameday Guides” for all 30 MLB teams.
MLB.com “Key to the City” Online Video Series
The original video series, “Key to the City,” located at gameday.mapquest.com, features new custom content for MapQuest’s community of travelers and baseball fans. Upright Citizens Brigade comedian and MLB fan, Matt Fisher, hosts the new video series offering a unique, 5-minute episode on what to do on game days in select baseball towns. From iconic tourism attractions to local hangouts to hidden gems, the “Key to the City” series highlights the heart of each town with an itinerary best experienced with the industry-first, seamless MapQuest integration.
Feature cities include:
· Denver: Today, Colorado Rockies
· New York City: New York Yankees
· Los Angeles: Los Angeles Dodgers
· Chicago: Chicago Cubs
· Washington, DC: Washington Nationals
· Boston: Boston Red Sox
MLB Gameday Guides
The new “Key to the City” online video series complements MapQuest’s original Gameday Guides, featuring articles created by MapQuest’s editorial team with area travel experts who know MLB ballparks and cities inside-and-out. Each of the Gameday Guides features six chapters:
· Welcome to the Stadium: History and key information
· Before the Game: Get to know the best offerings near the stadiums
· Inside the Stadium: From gluten-free fare to exclusive micro-brews
· Game on a Budget: When to buy, where to sit and the deals inside
· Best Bets for Families: Make a child’s first visit memorable or get tips on the best experiences for families
· After the Game: From celebrating wins to drowning gameday sorrows, these places are worth the stop
This original content series is part of the MLB.com and MapQuest partnership to deliver MapQuest-powered mapping and directions through an exclusive app-to-app experience within the “MLB.com At the Ballpark” smartphone app.