Our goal is simple: to make MapQuest the best place to work in the world. With this in mind, our amazingly talented team held the First MapQuest Culture Hack Day yesterday where we stopped our day-to-day work, and transformed into culture hackers dedicated to improving the quality of our MapQuest life.
What is culture hacking you might ask? Here’s just a sampling of what we accomplished:
- Built a MapQuest branded beer-bike – which will hold a full keg, seating and a counter top bar.
- Crafted a new tiki-bar for the Denver office – made from a real 30 foot boat.
- Installed a new doorbell system in our Lancaster office to notify the team when someone arrives.
- Completely revamped the MapQuest new employee on-boarding process (including a website).
- Created a foozball scoring system and ping pong scoring system to keep track of scores – with a fully functioning iPhone app.
- Beautifying our patios in Lancaster, Dulles and Denver
#MapQuestCultureHack was officially a success. Cheers to making a great place to work even better!
p.s. Sound like a place you want to work? Good news, we’re hiring.