With the recent release of MapQuest Travel Blogs, we’re excited to start using it ourselves. We’ll be taking photos and sharing our trip down to Austin later this week along with some friends.
Cell service is sometimes spotty on the road, and our free Travel Blogs app was built with this in mind. You can build your blog and add photos and reviews while offline and then sync all your posts once you find internet again.
We’ve collected all of our Austin blogs on one Best of Austin page so you can join in our adventures. You’ll find:
- Two guides from Spinner during the Austin festival for those who want to see big acts or new bands
- A foodie guide from Forkly for visitors looking to eat well
- A foodie guide from Foodspotting for those who’d like to eat on the cheap (food trucks!)
- A newbie guide for attendees coming to the festival for the first time
There will also be 5 live blogs starting at the end of the week. If you like music, bbq and shenanigans, follow along by subscribing to any or all of them:
- RVSXers – Sit shot gun with the RVSXers as they road trip in an RV from Chicago to Austin (and back).
- Jeremy – 10 days in Austin…or at least staying as long as he can handle. Follow along to see if he makes it.
- Monika – Telling us all about The Sounds of Austin…pretty sure there will be some stories live music in this one.
- Kaitlyn – Your eyes are never bored at SXSW…as you’ll find out via Kaitlyn’s blog, The Sights of Austin.
- Anke – Foodaholics rejoice! Anke’s blogging about yummy food trucks and awesome hidden gem restaurants in downtown Austin. Follow along and give her your suggestions for what to try and what to avoid.
No matter if you’re planning to experience SXSW in person or virtually, keep our Best of Austin guide handy. If you are lucky enough to go, you can create your own Austin blog on travelblogs.mapquest.com or get the iPad / iPhone app here.